Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Gina K Designs August release

Hi everyone! Tonight is the August release for Gina K Designs and I am SO EXCITED to share a few projects using 2 new sets. There are many other fabulous stamp and die sets in this release (including A NEW KIT called Autumn Splendor), so be sure to check them all out!!
The 2 sets I will be working with are:
 
First up I have a trio of sympathy cards using the Beautiful Leaves stamp and die sets. I stamped and die cut a variety of leaves in solid colors and then got a bit fancy with some multi ink blending. I had enough leaves for a ton of cards and chose to make 3 each using one of the large word stamps from the
Autumn Branches stamp set. I love these leaves and how the cards turned out!
To get the multi color blending on the Blessed card, I inked the first color on the stamp and used a small blending brush to soften the edges. Then applied the next color, blended edges and then the last color. Not gonna lie, it didn't always turn out I ended up with a full page of leaves stamped and was only able to salvage 3 leaves! lol. But they sure are pretty. 
The background was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. One of my all time favorites! A must have. I used a variety of twine, string and gems as accents.
 
Next up is a couple cards using the Autumn Branches stamp set. These are square cards measuring 4.25"x4.25". I wanted to keep these pretty simple, so I did a bit of stenciling on the background with the Bodacious Blooms stencil and colored in the branch leaves with a copic marker. I fussy cut them out and arranged them over a few stitched square and circle frames made with the Master Layouts 3 and other dies from my stash. I added gold and silver string and pearls as accents. 
Colors used with the stencil are Dusty Rose and Ocean Mist.
Here are individual pictures of the cards. Thank you for stopping by and have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the cards. Never would've thought of using blue to color the leaves

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.