Sunday, June 23, 2019

Blue pansies with ink blending background

Hi everyone! I tried a little something different on today's card. I was inspired by all the monochromatic cards I've been seeing lately, so I pulled out my Floral Cluster Spring Pansies stamp set, stamped the flowers with blue ink and created a blue ink background.
I used my new Life Changing Brushes from Picket Fence Studios and did some ink blending with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink. I have to say, the blending went pretty well vs. the old sponge daubers I used to use. I'm no pro either way, but it was a bit easier.
At the top ink blended portion, I splattered a bit of water to see the cool reaction it makes with the distress oxide ink. Then I mixed a few drops of water with the ink and splattered it on the panel, and added a few dark blue rhinestones at the flower centers. This one was quick and easy to make.
I could see making many more in a rainbow of colors! What a perfect little gift for someone.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Floral Cluster and Sprigs die set Stamp Simply Steel Dies
Number 2 watercolor brush
Brilliant Blue ink by Stampin Up

1 comment:

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.