Friday, January 12, 2024

Spellbinders | Monster Birthday Collection, Part 2

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing 2 more cards from the Spellbinders new Monster Birthday Collection. I am in LOVE with this adorable collection and just in case you missed it, I posted 3 other cards using the Dancin' Birthday Monster and Dancin' Birthday Panda on this blog post.
BIRTHDAY DINOSAUR

This dinosaur cutie is from the Birthday Dinosaur die set which features a dinosaur and several elements to dress it up (eyelashes, flower crown and back plate). I used all the elements on my dinosaur.
I kept the same general elements from my other cards in this collection by using a small strip of black/white patterned paper and circles from the Everlasting Circles die set outlined by Copic markers. To make the debossed texture on the dinosaur stand out a bit, I added a touch of Copic marker to them.
For the sentiment, I heat embossed white on black cardstock. It was a bit long for my layout, so I cut up each word at a playful angle and adhered at wonky angles.
DANCIN' BIRTHDAY DRAGON AND BIRTHDAY BALLOONS

This dragon cutie is from the Dancin' Birthday Dragon die set which features a dragon with a movable "dancin'" body and accessories (a gift, horns, 2 sets of wings and crown). And she is carrying a number 4 balloon from the Birthday Balloons die set. I added a few accent flowers in the lower corner to give the sentiment a bit of weight. I added a bit of ink blending over some die cut clouds to get a subtle sky background.
I mean, I just had to make this Puff the Magic Dragon (fellow Gen Xers remember that song?) in purple! She is super cute with her teal wings and carrying a lilac and silver present and the number 4 balloon. Perfect for a child's birthday card.

Supplies used on these cards:
Anemone Glimmer Blooms (Dinosaur card friend word die)
Mini Blooms and Sprigs die set (Dragon card accent flowers)
Yana's Special Sentiments Glimmer (sentiment on Dragon card)
Spellbinders cardstock in colors: Teal Topaz, Waterfall, Persimmon, Lilac Blossom, Black and White
Black and White Stripes 6x6 paper by MFT Stamps
Copic markers

**SHOP THIS COLLECTION ON SCRAPBOOK.COM**
Spellbinders Monster Birthday Collection 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.