Sunday, September 18, 2022

Mini Slimline Christmas Mitten cards

Hi everyone! I have a pair of mini slimline cards to share using Stamp Simply Clear Stamps NEW Christmas release. The release is small, but oh so adorable! It has a couple stamp sets, a coordinating die set and some word dies. You can check out the entire release here.

I used the mitten dies and die cut them from patterned papers by Carta Bella. I really love the style of Carta Bella, they are not too frilly or ornate and I love the traditional colors and patterns they use.
There is one mitten die in the set, but it's easy to get the mitten facing the other way by reversing the patterned paper and die cutting it from the back. Then to flatten out the die cut "curves" I used a bone folder. With the patterns on the mitten you can't even tell the die cut is up side down. I dressed up the mittens with a die cut snowflake and some gems.
The sentiments are from the Peace & Joy Word die set and you will notice that on each I trimmed them a little to fit them into the space I had on the card. For the Joy sentiment, I kept all the swirls at the bottom and trimmed a little off the top. And for the Peace sentiment, I trimmed all of the swirls, making it more clean and simple. I love the versatility with these dies!
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.