Friday, January 29, 2021

Wildflower Stems thank you cards

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted or crafted. Truth is I had to take a break as I was in a bit of a depression and had a very sad heart (2020 can suck it!). I finally found some inspiration to craft again after seeing many crafters sending Thank You cards to the janitorial staff at the DC Capitol for their heroic clean up the evening of January 6th. These cards are for them.

I absolutely LOVE this Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems 2. I bought these over the summer and was excited to take them out and finally use them!!

For my first card, I die cut the stems from Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored them with Zig Markers. I placed them over the fantastic cover plate called Geometric Circles from The Ton and a piece of faux canvas ribbon in Light Blue and used a few small sequins as accents. The sentiment is from the very versatile All Occasions Sentiments Set 2 from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.

This next card is super simple. I die cut the stems in both white and gray cardstock and layered them for a subtle shadow effect. I used a piece of Craft Consortium's new papers called Ink Drops Dusk. These papers are GORGEOUS and an easy way for you to get that amazing reinker technique look without all the work and purchasing supplies! I tied a piece of 1/4" silk ribbon in Blue Grey around the bottom -as you can see in the picture, the color isn't really a Blue Grey, I would call it more of a light neutral gray. And lastly, again, I used the Thank You sentiment from All Occasions Sentiments Set 2 from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.
My last card has some fun layering with Cloud Whip paste and Ultra-fine glitter! I don't have any of the new glitter paste that's out, so I just sprinkled some glitter over the paste and scraped it over the stencil. It worked really well! This time, I die cut the stems from a piece of Craft Consortium's new papers called Ink Drops Vivid this pack has more vibrant and bold colors than the Dusk pad. I love how the stems turned out! With all the sparkle in the background I didn't embellish it with much more than a few sequins. The sentiment is from Typewritten Year Round Greetings by Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.
 
Supplies used on these cards:
 
Thanks for stopping by and hanging in there with me. Here's to a better 2021 for everyone!!


4 comments:

  1. Love your cards, especially the first one with the pretty pastel colors and the die cut background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice come back into the industry. Thanks for sharing the deets on how to get the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I was excited to see a post from you in my "in box" this morning. I'm sorry you had a rough 2020 and understand as I lost my mom in 2020 so it wasn't the greatest year for me either. - Anyway on to your awesome cards. There are all just gorgeous. I really like the first card, so elegant looking. I like the effect you created on the second card and the great texture from the embossing folder on your last card. They are all just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.