Thursday, February 21, 2019

Trio of cake themed note cards

Hi everyone! I have some fun note cards to share. Throughout February I've been coloring images as part of the The Daily Marker 30 day color challenge. I had these cute cakes colored and ready to go! I saw the Freshly Made Sketches challenge today and figured this layout was perfect for them.

My sister gives her gifts in gift bags. She's a busy career woman and loves the convenience of gift bags (I mean who doesn't?). I made this trio of 3x3 note cards for her to include in her gift bag. She also loves this size because the inside is small and she doesn't have to write much!
The cakes are from the Stampin' Up stamp set called Piece of Cake. I just love it! Lots of cake options and cute sentiments. I actually won this as one of the monthly prizes my lovely demo, Janna Williams gives away! Free pretty stamps? I was so excited to win!

If your thinking of playing along in this week's Freshly Made Sketch here it is:
Thanks for stopping by and I wanted to leave you with  close ups of each note card. All the patterned paper and ribbons are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. The patterned papers are a variety, 2 are Kaisercraft and the striped piece below is from the new MME Gingham Farm pad.
The ribbons I used on this one are all the May Arts Faux Canvas and the colors matched perfectly with the ombre coloring of the cake. This was a happy accident! I used Royal Blue, Light Blue and Gray.
And look how amazing this little bow is? May Arts Silk ribbon ties like none other! This is the 1/4" in Charcoal, which is of the new 2016 release colors.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love these beautiful little cards...and cake is definitely a favorite treat of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous cards! Those cake images are so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so super cute and yummy! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.