Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Foiling with BetterPress Plates and Trying New Metallic Watercolors

 Hi everyone! I tried a little something different for these cards. I foiled a BetterPress plate! I've seen other crafters do it with great success, so I tried it myself and it worked beautifully. At first I tried it with a shim and realized that I didn't need it. So if you have the Glimmer and fall in love with a BetterPress plate, go for it! You can used it like a glimmer plate!
I glimmered on dark cardstock and used some new metallic watercolors to color them. I love the sparkle and shine with these metallic watercolors. Check them out.
...........
**Blogger is randomly deleting my blog posts, so this post was originally posted January 28, 2024**
SEALED FLORALS PRESS PLATE
 
I used the Sealed Florals press plate (from the Pressed Posies collection) for both of these cards. I glimmered on black cardstock with gold foil and on navy cardstock with matte silver foil. I use white cardstock for 85% of my cards, so branching out with dark colors was really out of my comfort zone. I even considered not posting them, I just really love crisp white cardstock. But in the end, I liked these well enough to share.
On a whim I purchased a metallic watercolor paint palette by Arteza from Amazon and it sat on my desk a good long time until I got the idea to glimmer on dark cardstock. While I do love the shimmery effect, I was a little disappointed on how the colors showed up on cardstock and I was hoping for more pink and green options in the palette. I didn't realize these were heavy on the iridescent which shows up different then in the pan. But this image doesn't have much to color and I think all and all they turned out pretty. 
I foiled the press plate with matte silver foil on to navy cardstock. Then I matted the navy panel to matte silver cardstock and then onto a white card base. The "hello" sentiment die came from the Wonderful Script Sentiments die set. I love that the wispy font goes with the tall stems of the flowers! I added a few small silver pearls, a piece of twine and some silver splatter for the final touches.
This card uses matte gold foil and I used one of the new Must-Have Wax Bead mixes in Pink. I love the mix of wax beads in this set. 3 shades of pink and some gold. Perfection! The wax seal is from my stash.
Like my other card, I matted the black panel to matte gold cardstock and die cut the sentiment from the same. I added a few gold gems to the large flower center and added some gold splatter as finishing touches.

Supplies used on these cards:
 Arteza Iridescent watercolor paint set
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.