Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Die-Cutting Essentials Magazine feature with Alex Syberia Designs

 Hi everyone! I can finally share some exciting news! The wonderful team over at Alex Syberia Designs asked me to create 5 cards for a special feature in the new Die-Cutting Essentials magazine (Issue #109)! I was so excited and honored to be asked! The magazine issue is now available and I can share my projects with you.

The feature was all about BIRTHDAY cards and had a color palette of bright pink, light pink, orange, light blue and green! It was so much fun to create these. I want to give a special shout out to Natalia with ASD for being so wonderful to work with. Now on to my cards.
First up is fun blooms card using the Fantasy Flowers Die set. I lightly inked each of the blooms at the base of the flower with coordinating ink to give a bit of depth. The delicate cover plate is called Tiny Flowers and I die cut it with white cardstock and adhered it over a light blue card base.

Next up is a simple flower blooms card using the Delicate Blooms Die set. This one is really simple and quick to put together. The background was made with the Elegant Stripes Hot Foil plate with light blue foil.

Next up is an elegant birthday card using the Floral Balloon Extravaganza Stamp and Die set. The background was made the Dazzling Fireworks Cover Plate on white cardstock and then I added Diamond Stickles to the fireworks die cut marks! So pretty and sparkly. And that balloon image is so so pretty, I colored it with Copic markers.

Next up is a colorful birthday cake card using the Celebrate with Cake Stamp and Die set. I stamped the birthday cake with light blue ink and stamped the cake accents and platter with a darker blue and die cut them out and assembled. The background was made the Tiny Dots Hot Foil plate with bright pink foil.

Last, but not least, is a fun little circle card that features 2 of the adorable pandas from the Cheerful Panda Moments Stamp and Die set. The circle card base is made with the Nested Stitched Circle Die set and lightly blended green and blue ink for a faint backgroud for the pandas. 
 
Alex Syberia products used on these cards:
Fantasy Flowers Die Set
Tiny Flowers Cover Plate
Nested Scalloped Frames Die Set
Elegant Stripes Hot Foil Plate
Tiny Dots Hot Foil Plate
 
Other supplies:
Copic markers
Black Glossy cardstock

Here is the cover of the magazine. You can see my card on the lower left corner!

 
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.