Thursday, May 25, 2023

Rustic Garden Barrel Planters card

 Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing another card using one of the die sets in the Country Road collection by Spellbinders. This card uses the fun Rustic Garden die set with all the flowers from the Garden Builder die set. The card layout is from this week's Freshly Made Sketches #587. It's a fun one!

I have 2 half barrels with flowers in my backyard, so the barrel dies in this set really spoke to me and I knew I had to them. I searched on Pinterest on ideas how to decorate my barrels and saw some bright fuchsia and blue pansies that jumped out at me. These flower dies are not pansies, but they still look wonderful in those bright colors!

Do you notice the soft subtle clouds in the background? I achieved that by die cutting some cloud dies and stenciling over them with Broken China Distress Oxide ink. This is the first time I've done this and I love how it looks!

Supplies used on this card:
On Cloud Nine die set (for the subtle cloud background)
Distress Oxide inks in Broken China and Rustic Wilderness
Copic markers to color the flower centers

 Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love this design, beautiful sky stenciled background highlighting the amazing barrels of happy blue and pink flowers and foliage. Not forgetting the birdhouse which links it altogether. Stand out card for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely and totally delightful! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those diecuts are just awesome - you've created a wonderful card with fab details. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. abloslutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.