Monday, December 20, 2021

Gina K Designs December release

 Hi everyone! Tonight is the December release for Gina K Designs and I am SO EXCITED to share a few projects using the 2 new sets - Friendly Silhouettes and Get Well Wishes. There are many other fabulous stamp and die sets in this release, so be sure to check them all out!!

First up I have a couple slimline cards using the Get Well Wishes set. This is designed by Debrah Warner and has 12 floral and vine images and 15 sentiments designed to let the recipient know you're wishing them well. I made 2 mini slimline cards using the Master Layout 7 dies and used a variety of the stems stamped in a fun color combination.

Colors used: Wild Lilac, Christmas Pine, a mint green and a soft gray

Next up I have 2 cards using the Friendly Silhouettes stamp set. This set has 5 images and 5 sentiments which includes a very large "friend" word which I love! There are many card and technique possibilities with silhouette stamps, the first and most obvious is to stamp them with black over some kind of background or even patterned paper. That's what I went with for my cards.

I don't do a lot of ink blending, honestly it kinda scares me, so once I settled on a color blend I kept it the same for both cards. I have to say I really love how these turned out!

Here are the colors I used from the bottom up:
Sweet Corn, Sweet Mango, Bubblegum Pink, Wild Lilac and Powder Blue
You can see here that I ink blended on a die cut panel (again from the Master Layouts 7 set), but sadly I stamped the silhouette a bit off center and to make it even I had to trim all the fancy die stitching elements from the panel!

Here are a few more pictures of the cards.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

 

2 comments:

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.