Monday, October 4, 2021

Poinsettia Christmas cards

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing another group of Christmas cards. These feature die sets from Concord and 9th and sentiments from Stamp Simply.

I'm absolutely in love with Poinsettias on Christmas cards! There is a good chance all my cards will have poinsettias on them this year. 

These all feature poinsettias from the die set Fresh Cut Florals series, this is Edition 4. For each layer size I used 3 die cuts, you can use 2 if you want to save on time and cardstock, but I loved the fuller look with 3. The backgrounds are made with the Plaid Card Front duo, card 1 uses the Thick die and card 2 uses the Thin die.

Card 1 features the MERRY word die from the Seasonal Sayings Die set and the word Christmas is embossed on black cardstock and is from the stamp set Joy by Stamp Simply.
I inlaid tiny gold bits on the background from Gold Mirror cardstock. Photos don't do this justice, the little pops of gold are amazing IRL.

Next we have card 2. This one uses two of the Plaid Thin dies slightly off set, trimmed and mounted to white cardstock. With the thin green plaid as part of the background, I opted for no branches under the poinsettia, but couldn't resist adding small bits to the sentiment panel. The sentiment is embossed on black and is from the set, Jesus from Stamp Simply.

I have a couple more cards in the works using a crisp gold and white palette, so stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Here are some close up pics.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards with those lovely poinsettias. Love the plaid background die cuts. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love what you did with the thin plaid die cuts and the color variations on the petals.

    Also love the name of your blog. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to check out your blog after seeing your gorgeous cards on FB.! TFS! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. I love your taste, style and admire your talent. TFS! 🎄 Ali K.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.