Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Watercolor butterfly note cards

Hi everyone! I'm still really enjoying playing with my Arteza Real Brush pens. I'm relatively new to water coloring but finding it fun and relaxing. I'm already looking at student grade 1/2 pan palettes on Amazon to expand my water coloring arsenal.
The images are from the Altenew Painted Butterflies stamp and die sets. I heat embossed several of butterfly outline images and water colored the inside with blue and yellow and blended the colors into each other. The set is actually a 3 step stamping set, but there's no rule that you have to stamp all 3 layers, why not stamp the outline and color the inside as you want?

I made enough butterflies to make a larger set of note cards, but I got sick and was down for the count for 8 days! Man I just don't bounce back from colds like I did when I was younger. Both kids got sick and well during those 8 days, so great fun was had at the Woerner house! lol! Long story short, I only made 2 note cards and moved on! Here's a closer look at them both.
I like the way I placed the sentiment into the flourish die cut, so fun! 
I didn't even get around to putting on a sentiment on this one. But sometimes you just want the flexibility of using it for any occasion. Right?
These will end up in my "maybe use someday" box!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Blue Sequins
Ranger Super Fine Black embossing powder
Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder
Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Fourishes
Spellbinders Standard Circles dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.