Friday, May 16, 2014

Be Happy colour suite card


Hi everyone! Welcome to my second post playing along in the May Scrapbook and Cards Today Colour Suite challenge!  For those of you not familiar, this is a color challenge that my friend Summer Fullerton puts together each month for the magazine!
This month the colors are: 2 shades of grey, aqua, yellow and orange/red.  Her color choices were spot on.  I love how on trend the greys are and aqua is one of my go to colors and pairing it with yellow and orange/red just makes me happy!!
Yesterday's card was a simple design and today's is more layered and detailed.
I had lots of fun with this one.  Below you can see how I made the orange frame using Classic Squares nested inside the Classic Scalloped Square.  You can make the frame with 2 steps but to save time, I layered them and did both cuts at once.  Even though the scalloped die lays on top of the square, the cutting edge is tall enough to cut through the cardstock.
Once I adhered the pattern paper to my cardstock, I placed the square die where I wanted my "window" to be.  To make sure everything was straight I used my ruler.  You may notice in the photo I originally had blue paper at the bottom.  It didn't work out and I ended up using the negative pieces of the lattice die adhered in the space.
This is the back side after the square was cut.  I adhered my Fancy Lattice die cut to the back using some washi tape and adhered it to my card base.
 
To read more about this challenge or check out past challenges head on over to the Scrapbook and Cards Today website and Blog.
Thanks for stopping by here is a close up the die cut details.

Card Deets: 
Spellbinder dies:
S4-371 Les Papillions and S5-152 Fancy Lattice Shapeabilities®, S4-128 Classic Squares SM S4-129 Classic Scalloped Squares SM Nestabilities® 
Paper: Bazzill Paper Basics, Marshmallow, Candy Corn, and Robin's Egg Card Shoppe cardstock; Basic Grey, RSVP 6x6 paper pad
Ink: Tsukineko, Versamark 
Embellishments - Stamp Simply Ribbon Store: May Arts - white wrinkled ribbon and silver cord; Fancy Pants - Alpha stickers; Cartwright Sequins - 5 and 6mm sequins; Wild Orchid Crafts - 15mm yellow rose 
Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares   
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love the paper you used. Another great idea using the cut out pieces from the Fancy Lattice on the lower part of your card with a few pretty sequins.
    Love love love butterflies. Another lovely card Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Michelle! Love the lattice window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is completely lovely and thank you so much for the tutorial, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.