Saturday, November 16, 2019

Watercolored Oak leaf with acorn card

Hi everyone! I have been playing in the 30 Coloring Challenge for the month of November -this is a challenge where you color 1 thing a day, could be something big or small and it's open to anyone- and have a card to share using one of the images I water colored.

My favorite tree is the mighty Oak (closely followed by the Twisty Locust) and I absolutely love this oak leaf with acorn image from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Give Thanks stamp set. Isn't it stunning?
I stamped it on water color paper and colored it with my Pretty Excellent water color palette. I usually heat emboss my images when I water color because it helps me keep in the lines, but this time I challenged myself and I didn't. I almost tossed this a few times, but stuck with it. One thing about water coloring, there are ways to fix or color over things.
I'm glad I stuck with it because I really do love how it turned out. I die cut the image and then again with Gold Mirror cardstock with the coordinating Give Thanks die and layered them together. I trimmed a few patterned papers from the Echo Park My Favorite Fall pack and layered them behind the leaf panel.  The sentiment is from the set Autumn Blessings and I heat embossed it in white on dark brown cardstock.
Stay tuned next week I'll post a few more cards from my colored images. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Here's a close up picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.