Thursday, July 12, 2018

Color burst pencil combos to match new FSJ colors

Hi everyone! I mentioned yesterday that I was working on pencil color combinations for our 6 new colors. Well, I figured them out and think they are a pretty close match. These color combos are for the Color Burst Pencils. I imagine they would be similar with the Color Splash pencils, but I have not tested those.  Before I get to the colors, I want to share a few tips I came up with while I was tinkering around.

Tips for blending multiple colors: 
1. When you lay down the color, try to lay it evenly without sharp lines. Sharp lines can be hard to blend. Try "dulling" the tip of the pencil on a scratch paper to minimize sharp lines.

2. If you DO end up with some thick or sharper lines, take a white eraser to them to lighten them up and start again. Try to get the color even before you add your next color.

3. If you like to blend your pencil colors using stumps with baby oil or Gamsol, keep in mind the last color laid down will be the first to come up with blending. After you blend, go ahead and add another layer of whatever color you added last.

4. The order of the pencil colors do matter. But for fun try switching them up, you will get different hues and be used when making shadowing/shading your images.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional colorer (is there such a thing? lol). I know many of my readers are way more experienced in coloring, so I would love it if you have additional tips to share! Leave me a comment below for all to see.

--Chambray Shirt--
--Rustic Rose--
--Haystack--
--Fresh Sage--
--Tin Pail--
--Peaches and Cream--
Thanks for stopping by! I hope this was helpful.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to do this and share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Michelle! I have been wanting to do this but haven't had the time. I may just take time out to try the color splash pencils as I do use those a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome and I loved all the color tips too. Thank You so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.