Saturday, August 6, 2011

Still time to get Dirty

Hi everyone! I have a couple challenge cards to share with you today. First up is a card for my Dare To Get Dirty challenge. These challenges are a week long and hosted by the current and Alumni Dirty Dozen.  The deadline to play along is Monday the 8th, so there is still time!  For all the challenge details, you can go to the DTGD Master Challenge thread. You need to be an SCS Fan Club member to see this, but if you're not a member it's never too late to join!

This card uses the Spellbinders Retro Mod Clocks die templates (releasing 8/30) with all kinds of sponging going on.  I usually don't do this, but it sure makes a difference with these dies.  The sentiment comes from Gina K's Special Fathers set.  PERFECT set to go with these dies!!  The pattern paper is Graphic 45, A Proper Gentleman.  I can't tell you the details of my challenge, but can you guess from my card??? 
Next up is a card I did for the CASE Study challenge.  This is my first time playing in this challenge.  I have seen it around the blogasphere, but never had time.  I saw this amazing card on Maureen's blog today and I knew I had to play along.  I am new to Aimes blog, but wow!  She is super talented.  I cased the same card as Maureen, isn't amazing?
I used Gina K's set, Live Life Loud on my card.  For the strips, I embossed the circles image with clear EP and then cut off a strip (you can see from the sheets under the card).  I then embossed the sentiment in white -the trick to embossing in white is using the Anti-Static Pad first.  It REALLY works -no white flecks! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  I'll leave you with a couple close up pictures.
 
Card Deets:
Stamps - Special Fathers
Paper - Pure Luxury cardstock Ivory and Black, A proper Gentleman (G45)
Accessories - Card Candi from the Berry Crush pack (Craftworks), Scor-Pal 

Card Deets:
Stamps - Live Life Loud
Paper - Pure Luxury cardstock in White, Black, Turquoise Sea and
Accessories - Clear and White embossing powder, rhinestones in yellow, hot pink and Aqua
Photobucket
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Lovely clock! You're so right, sponging rocks that clock! Love all the wonderful challenges (maybe yours a teeny bit more?). ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards. Love the clock one, it's so unique. Sponging gives it such an antique look. Love the simplicity of your happy birthday card!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great case of Aimes card and I just love the grandfather clock on the card. Wonderful antique look on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards girl! Love the rock star one - so simple yet so striking and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, Michelle...the antique grandfather clock is so unique! The sponging looks fabulous! Great CASE of Aimes' card, too...she has such an incredible CAS style and you've captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! Especially love the CAS rock star card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey little roomie...it's been way tooo long!!!! Hope all is well in your little corner of the world...we are all boiled to a pulp down here....we all may need to move to Alaska to cool off...LOL!!! Your cards are fabo, as usual...love the clock and the black card is sooo striking!!!! Are you thinking about going to CHA in Jan?? I think Bev and I will be going....looking forward to seeing you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous, but I especially like the fabulous embossing on your strips! Great effect!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI [url=http://www.postawgo.com]postawgo[/url], check my site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you took it a step further in CASEing my card with the fabulous embossed strips! I love them!!!
    Thanks so much for joining in our CASE study party and for picking one of my fave cards to CASE!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete