I should have passed it on by and chose another, cause just about all day later... here is my card.
I liked the idea of DP with words on it for the background and dug in my Christmas scraps and found this. I stamped the santa with Stazon and colored it with Copic markers and used liquid applique for his beard and hat. Well, the vellum got a bit warped with the heat and I had a devil of a time making it look good and laying semi-flat.
I tried assembling several ways and ended up gluing the the DP and cardstock together first. Then stamped, colored and heated the vellum piece. Then I ran vellum tape all over the DP and stuck it as best I could and then did the staples. The end result is way too not perfect for my tastes, and the kicker was I stamped the sentiment a bit crooked! Ugh! Well, it's not all lost, I am sure my sister will use the card for one of her friends come Christmas time! LOL!
Stamps - both stamps are from Michael's
Paper - old olive, misc DP, blush red medium from Prism papers
Accessories - Copic markers, vellum tape, liquid applique, grosgrain ribbons